Same-day Delivery and Business Growth: How to Expand Your Reach and Boost Your Reputation in New England
Same-day delivery is a hot topic for any modern business—not just in New England, but worldwide.
With so much growth in the e-commerce industry, many organizations are exploring options to expand their reach and improve their reputation across the areas they serve.
However, it’s not always easy to understand what exactly same-day delivery is, why you should use it for your business, and how the service can boost your expansion and reputation in New England.
Don’t worry: This guide is here to help.
What is same-day delivery?
As the name suggests, same-day delivery is a service that delivers packages to customers within a few hours of placing an order. Still, it’s not identical to “same hour” delivery, which demands an even quicker turnaround (and also deserves a guide of its own to completely understand).
To keep things simple, we’ll focus on the former—and more simple—delivery strategy.
Is there a rising need for same-day delivery?
In short, yes: More and more buyers are demanding faster delivery of their packages, with some studies reporting up to 80% of consumers desiring a same-day shipping option. Not only that, but another 88% are willing to pay even more for it, which could mean a significant increase in revenue for retailers who opt in.
Of course, this development is mostly thanks to e-commerce giants like Amazon, which have allowed buyers to order online at any time and have their packages delivered as soon as possible—sometimes in under an hour.
Though local small businesses aren’t (yet) expected to be able to compete with the delivery speeds of the big guys, they can still offer customers a same-day shipping option that keeps them satisfied and willing to keep making purchases.
Why use same-day delivery for your business?
As you can probably tell, same-day delivery is an important part of your business’ overall growth strategy. It can help you expand your reach and gain a competitive advantage, improve customer service and satisfaction, build your brand, and increase sales—all with one simple improvement.
- Convenience: It’s impossible to understate how much customers value convenience, and same-day delivery is a great way to hone in on this need. Rather than wait an entire day or two, this option means customers will have immediate access to their purchases! This instant gratification is a powerful way to encourage repeat sales and build brand loyalty.
- Competition: Whether you’re already a local favorite or an up-and-coming medium small business in New England, competition can be a huge challenge. The silver lining here is that same-day delivery can help you stand out from the crowd. By offering quick access to your products, you’ll be making a name for yourself as the go-to spot for convenience.
Ways to take advantage of same-day delivery for your business
We’ve talked a bit about the advantages same-day delivery provides customers, but what about the ones it grants you?
We’ve got good news: If you play your cards right, your business can benefit the most from offering it as an option. Here’s how:
- Increase Sales: Research shows that more than 70% of consumers place “convenience” as their top reason to shop online. As such, same-day delivery essentially puts your business in front of customers when they are ready to purchase.
- Improve Reputation: There’s no shortage of ways to improve your business’s reputation across New England, but some are simpler than others. When only 50% of retailers offer the option, offering same-day delivery is an almost immediate way to place yourself ahead of others in the market—half of them, in fact!
Comparing same-day delivery vs. next day delivery
Despite the benefits, it’s understandable if you’re still hesitant to take the plunge and begin offering same-day delivery. After all, there are plenty of pros to offering next day delivery as well.
Here’s a brief breakdown of each to help you determine which one is right for your business:
- Is often more expensive than next day delivery, but can be very effective at increasing customer loyalty and reducing shopping cart abandonment, therefore resulting in an increased ROI.
- Is limited to specific areas, so you need to be sure that your customers are located within the delivery zone beforehand.
Next day delivery:
- Has the potential to be more affordable than same-day delivery, but may not have as dramatic of an effect on customer retention and leaves room for competitors to edge ahead.
- Tends to be more flexible in terms of schedule, so you can choose a time of day that’s more convenient for your team or get in contact with customers if necessary.
How to succeed at same-day delivery
Whether you’re determined to take advantage of same-day delivery or are still making up your mind, our last piece of advice is the most important: Partnering with the right delivery service.
Like any improvement to your business, same-day delivery is an investment and demands careful planning and execution. The best way to ensure that your business successfully offers it to customers is by finding a New England-based company that has the expertise and resources necessary to help you deliver on your promises.
Fortunately, you’ve already completed the first step by discovering Milano Courier Services. Regardless of how tight your schedule is, our dedicated team is ready to help you navigate the logistics to ensure your business expands its reach and reputation across the region.
It’s an exciting time for those who want to take advantage of the latest delivery technology and trends, but it can also be challenging. With Milano Courier Services at your side, you can overcome these roadblocks to stay ahead of the curve and move your goods more securely, reliably, and quicker than before.
Contact us today to receive a quote!